- The nomination deadline has passed and the application is now closed.
- The Graduate Student Award for Distinguished Service was established in 1983 and is presented annually to a graduate student who has demonstrated a genuine commitment to serving the University of Kansas while maintaining a high level of academic achievement.
- Nomination Process:
The Office of Graduate Studies accepts nominations for the Graduate Student Award for Distinguished Service. Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to nominate outstanding graduate students.
Please upload the following materials with this nomination form
- A letter of nomination explaining how the nominated student has demonstrated a commitment to serve the campus community while maintaining a high level of academic achievement (two page limit)
- The nominee should provide a statement of activities, interests, and goals that directly demonstrates service to the University of Kansas (two page limit)
- A copy of the student’s resume or curriculum vitae
Each completed nomination should be submitted using the form below. Nominations must be submitted electronically; no paper nominations will be accepted. We plan to notify awardees and nominators by mid-December. The overall awardee for Distiguished Service will receive a monetary prize of $500. Please contact Graduate Studies at 864-8040 if you have any questions.