Graduate Student Award for Distinguished Service
The Graduate Student Award for Distinguished Service was established in 1983 and is presented annually to a graduate student who has demonstrated a genuine commitment to serving the University of Kansas while maintaining a high level of academic achievement. Awardees receive a monetary prize of $500 and will be recognized on the Graduate Studies website.
Graduate Studies encourages faculty and staff to nominate outstanding graduate students for this award. The nomination deadline is February 17, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Nominations must be submitted using this online form.
Each nominee must be a graduate student and meet the following eligibility criteria during the semester in which they are nominated:
- in good academic standing, as determined by the Graduate Studies Policy on Good Academic Standing
- enrolled full-time, as determined by the Graduate Studies Policy on Full-Time Enrollment for Graduate Students
Nomination & Selection Process
Nominees will be evaluated on these criteria:
- Strength of the nomination letter
- Level of service to the University of Kansas
- Specific qualities that distinguish the nominee from other outstanding graduate students
Nominations must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 17, 2022 using this online form. Nominators will receive a system confirmation indicating that their nomination was successfully submitted upon completion of the online form.
Nominations are reviewed by Graduate Studies. While the time required to process award decisions will depend upon the number of applications received, we aim to notify all nominees and nominators via email by mid-March.
All documents should be uploaded as PDFs.
- Nomination letter explaining how the nominated student has demonstrated a commitment to serve the campus community while maintaining a high level of academic achievement (two page limit)
- Statement provided by the nominee of the activities, interests, and goals that directly demonstrate service to the University of Kansas (two page limit)
- Student’s current resume or curriculum vitae
Please contact Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this award.