Graduate Studies Summer Scholarship
The Office of Graduate Studies is pleased to offer Summer Scholarships for the 2018 Summer Session. This award is applied to the student's account as a $5000 scholarship at the beginning of the summer session. Nomination is by department only. Nominations are due by 5 pm, Monday, February 26, 2018.
The factors which will be considered in awarding Summer Scholarship include (but are not be limited to):
- Academic performance
- A clearly stated proposal with specific details of their research plan
- Nominee is from an under-represented student group
- Recommendation from the department
Preference will be given to doctoral students who will have completed their comprehensive exams by the last day of class for the 2018 Spring semester.
Enrollment in the 2018 Summer session is required. It is expected that the summer research scholarship would be the student's primary form of support during the summer and that the student would not hold a GTA/GRA/GA appointment concurrent with the award.
To submit a nomination, please complete the online nomination form. The nomination will require three attachments, to be uploaded as either Word or PDF files:
- A nomination statement by the department (one page)
- Student’s proposal (one page)
- Student's curriculum vitae
Each department is limited to one (1) nomination.