Transcript Information


Application Requirement

For processing purposes, you may attach scanned versions of official transcripts to your application, as well as a copy of your degree certificate and/or diploma if the degree has been earned outside the US. A printout from a student portal is NOT considered an official copy. 

NOTE: Documents uploaded with your application are not considered official. KU does not consider transcripts that come from applicants or that have been in the applicant's possession as official.

Some departments require official transcripts at the time of application. Check the admissions requirements for your program.

Transcripts that are in a language other than English must be accompanied with English translations.

Enrollment Requirement

If you are admitted to a program, and accept the admissions offer, you will be required to submit an official, final transcript for GPA and degree conferral verification by your second semester of enrollment. This is required before you will be permitted to enroll for your second semester.

For those with degree conferral pending, we recommend you wait until your institution has posted degree conferral on official transcripts before initiating the process of providing the document to Graduate Admissions, as final, degree-conferred transcripts are required before the enrollment hold will be removed. 

The transcript submission process varies; please see the instructions below for degrees earned in the United States and for degrees earned from outside the United States.

For degrees earned in the United States: Graduate Admissions must receive your official, final transcript/s to be sent directly from your institution in a sealed envelope or through an electronic delivery service. The official, final transcript/s must show that the degree has been conferred. There are no exceptions. Transcripts should be sent to:

Graduate Admissions
University of Kansas
1450 Jayhawk Blvd.
Strong Hall Rm 313
Lawrence, KS 66045-7535

If institutions offer a secure electronic transcript delivery service, you may have transcripts sent to

For degrees earned outside the United States: Graduate Admissions must receive your official, final transcript/s. The transcript must contain the following information:

- Completion of coursework required for degree
- Degree earned and date the degree was conferred; if this is not on the transcript, you must submit a degree certificate and/or diploma
- Official stamp/seal from the school

Official, final transcripts can be received one of the following ways:

1. Documents can be sent by postal mail directly to Graduate Admissions from the degree-granting institution. For a timely receipt, transcripts should be sent to:

Graduate Admissions
University of Kansas
1450 Jayhawk Blvd.
Strong Hall Rm 313
Lawrence, KS 66045-7535

For degrees earned in China, in addition to submitting your official, final transcript through the mail, you will also need to submit a CDGDC verification report.

Once the official document is in our possession, we will be unable to release it back to you.

2. Documents may be certified through our application provider. To initiate the verification of your credentials, log-in to your application portal. Once you submit the request, additional information will be provided to indicate what you will be required to submit. Once the process is complete, Graduate Admissions will receive the documentation automatically. You will be able to view, share and/or download your verified digital academic credentials at any time for use at other institutions, as needed (i.e. a future employer).

- If you send your transcript to us through the mail, we will be unable to release a copy back to you. If you think you might be applying to a different US institution in the future, or your industry requires proof of a bachelor’s degree at the time of hire, we would highly recommend this option. You will be able to view, share, and/or download your verified digital academic credentials for future use.

NOTE: This process, called Certifile, will provide you with several options for how your documents will be reviewed. Certifile charges a one-time $125 fee to create an account. Once your account is created, you may then send documents to institutions that use Certifile, and you will be able to access your documents at any time for your personal use. To send the Certifile documents to KU, there is a $10 “attachment” charge.

Mailing Address:

Graduate Admissions
University of Kansas
1450 Jayhawk Blvd
Strong Hall 313
Lawrence, KS 66045



Request more information

Search for a Graduate Program

Apply Now

RT @SmithHallKU : Apply to KU's Religious Studies master's program by January 15th, 2019 for funding consideration for fall 2019! Apply at h…

Dean's Message

KU Safety

KU Safety

The first studio art class at KU began in 1869
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times
KU Today