Now that you have been accepted to KU, it’s time to officially enroll. To do this, you should do the following:
- Create a KU online ID. For more information, visit KU Information Technology.
- Go to Enroll and Pay and make sure you update your information and clear any holds you might have in the system.
- Check the enrollment calendar to see when you are allowed to enroll.
- Contact your department to see what the policy is in regards to enrolling in individual classes.
An enrollment hold is an indicator on your Enroll and Pay account which specifies an action needs to be taken on your part before you can enroll. You can view your enrollment holds on your Enroll and Pay account. If you have any holds, you will see them on the far right column of the Student Center section.
A list of enrollment holds can be found on the University Registrar's website; however, the most common holds for new graduate students are as follows:
- AEC - applicable for non-native English speakers; placed until student has successfully completed the requirements of the Applied English Center (AEC). Not applicable to those who were admitted with waiver-level scores according to the English proficiency policy. This hold is only removed by the AEC.
- GAP - applicable for all new graduate students; placed until receipt of official, final transcripts from degree-granting undergraduate institution (and graduate institution, if applicable) have been received; this hold impacts the second semester of graduate enrollment at KU. More information can be found here. For additional questions about what is required to remove this hold contact email@example.com or 785-864-3140. This hold is only removed by Graduate Admissions.
- ISL - applicable for all new international students; placed until student has successfully completed the requirements of International Student Services (ISS). This hold is only removed by ISS.
- TBW - applicable for all new international students; placed until student has successfully completed the requirements of Watkins Health Center. International students will check-in to the Health Center during mandatory orientation. This hold is only removed by Watkins Health Center.
Please check in with the Office of Veterans Services to ensure your GI Bill benefits are in order.
If you have additional questions, please visit the New Student Enrollment Information website.