The quality and continuity of graduate programs at the University of Kansas, as well as the experience of the graduate students in the programs, depend in large measure on the talent and commitment of the graduate support staff. Staff members provide invaluable service to the University and its community of students, faculty, and staff. The Outstanding Graduate Support Staff Award recognizes the incredible contributions to graduate education made by these individuals.
Nominees must have served as a graduate support staff for a minimum of two years by the award deadline. Past awardees are not eligible.
Departments/programs must submit the following materials by 5 pm, February 27:
- Nomination Cover Sheet found here
- One letter of support from a faculty member
- Two letters of support from current and past graduate students
Letters should address the nominee’s significant impact, which may involve some or all of the following:
- Efficiency and effectiveness in administrative aspects of the graduate program—fiscal, programmatic, and personal—from the time students are recruited to the time they graduate
- Being proactive in exploring alternatives to current practices
- Responsiveness to faculty and student needs
- Attention to accuracy and effective communication
- A willingness to engage in professional development opportunities, such as learning new technology or new systems that enhance recruitment, admission, retention, progress toward degree, mentoring, and annual reviews of students, etc.
- Providing a welcoming and supportive environment for students in their graduate studies
Individual letters may not exceed two single-spaced pages (12 point font).
by 5 pm, February 27. Please direct any questions to this email address
Outstanding Graduate Support Staff Awardees
|2017||Jammie Johnson||Journalism & Mass Communications|