1. Find A Program
2. Know the admission requirements for your program
Appicants must meet the following minimum requirements for admission to any graduate program at KU.
- Proof of a bachelor's degree (plus any post-bachelor's coursework/degrees) from KU, a regionally accredited institution, or a foreign university with substantially equivalent bachelor's degree requirements. The bachelor's degree is not acceptable if it contains credit awarded for work experience that was not directly supervised by faculty members of an accredited university or not evaluated in units that identify the academic content.
- Regular admission requires a bachelor's degree and a grade-point average of at least a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Proof of English proficiency for non-native English speakers.
Each graduate program at KU determines what additional materials are required for consideration for admission. Click here to find information about required supporting documents. This is the same information displayed on page 5 of the application.
3. Fill out the online application
KU does not accept paper applications for admissions.
The online application is designed to give you the ability to submit all supporting documents in one form. New applicants will be required to create an account. Applications may be saved in progress.
4. Submit the application and pay the application fee
Applicants who wish to apply to more than one program must submit an application and pay the fee for each program.
NOTE: The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
5. Check your application status
Initial review and admission recommendation are completed by the program to which you applied. Additional information about the application process is available here.
6. Access your decision
Once a decision has been made on your application, you will receive an e-mail to check your electronic decision letter. This is the official notification of a decision. Your decision letter will be found on your Check Application Status page.
If you are offered admission, please accept or decline the offer of admission by going to your application status page and clicking on the "Complete Your Decision Form" button.