Louise Byrd Graduate Educator Award
The Office of Graduate Studies is accepting nominations for the Louise Byrd Graduate Educator Award. The Louise Byrd Graduate Educator Award was established to honor the memory of Louise Byrd, long-time Secretary of the Graduate School and of the Graduate Council. Louise Byrd was noted for her deep concern for the welfare of graduate students. Each year, in her memory, a faculty member who demonstrates the quality of concern for graduate students as scholars and individuals is presented this award. This award includes a cash prize and is highlighted on the Graduate Studies website.
The nomination deadline is April 1, 2022 at 11:59PM CST.
All members of the Graduate Faculty are eligible to receive this recognition.
Nomination & Selection Process
Graduate students and graduate faculty members are invited to submit a nomination for this award.
Nominees will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- devotion to graduate students and their education
- active scholarship in their field
- proven record of continuing interest in the growth and success of graduate students, expressed through quality lectures, availability, psychological support, graduate research advising, and contact outside the classroom
- impact on their students’ accomplishments as scholars and in the quality of professional appointments in their field
Nominations must be submitted by 11:59 PM CST on April 1, 2022 using this online form. Nominators will receive a system confirmation indicating their nomination was successfully submitted upon completion.
Nominations are reviewed by a committee comprised of graduate faculty. While time is required to process award decisions, we aim to notify all nominees and nominators via email by late April.
All documents should be uploaded as PDFs.
- Letter of nomination
- Clear evidence should be presented that the nominee’s concern for graduate students goes significantly beyond that of the average, but dedicated, members of the Graduate Faculty.
- Letter(s) of support
- These may be written by colleagues and/or current or former students.
- Nominee's CV
Please submit your nomination here. Nomination deadline is April 1, 2022 at 11:59PM CST.
Louise Byrd Graduate Educator Awardees