ETD Formatting and Working with Multimedia Files
ETD Formatting Requirements
All theses and dissertations completed at KU must meet KU's requirements for formatting specific components, including Title and Acceptance pages. Please refer to the formatting guidelines below to ensure that the final, PDF version of your thesis or dissertation will meet the standards required to earn your degree, that it will be accepted by ProQuest and KU ScholarWorks, and that it will print correctly if you choose to purchase bound copies.
- KU Thesis Formatting Requirements -- NEW! Updated 19 July 2016
- KU Dissertation Formatting Requirements -- NEW! Updated 19 July 2016
KU's requirements for thesis and dissertation formatting include and comply with ProQuest's formatting requirements. You can find ProQuest's formatting requirements outlined separately below.
Support for Formatting Theses and Dissertations
MS Word Users: ETD Formatting LibGuides
Staff at the KU Libraries maintain thorough LibGuides and tutorials concerning how to meet KU's Formatting Requirements using Microsoft Word. You can find this instructional support in the ETD Formatting LibGuide.
LaTeX Users: KU Thesis and Dissertation Template
- KU Thesis and Dissertation template package (.zip file) for LaTeX users
- Perma-link to the KU Thesis and Dissertation template package (.zip file) on the author's site
- KU Thesis Template How-To on the author's site
- Self-documenting pdf example of how to use KU's LaTeX class
- KU Mathematics' LaTeX website
Working with Multimedia Files
Including Digital Images
Additional Concerns Related to Theses and Dissertations
Copyright and Issues of Responsible Research
Preparing your Manuscript
- KU Writing Center
- KU Writing Center: Resources for Graduate Students
- KU Writing Center: Writing Guides
- KU Writing Center: Research Papers
- KU Writing Center: Theses and Dissertations
- KU IT: Training Workshops (desktop software, statistical software, etc.)
Research Support, Computer Equipment, and Digitization Software
The KU Libraries offer a wide range of services to support research and publication. For a comprehensive discussion of the services available through the KU Libraries, refer to their Services page.
The KU Libraries also make a variety of equipment and software available to the KU community. Much of this equipment and software is suitable for creating and editing digital images. The following links outline resources available at different library locations throughout KU.
- Main Branches:
- Specialized Branches: