The Office of Graduate Studies provides links to funding sources within KU, external funding sources, and resources that are helpful in looking for and applying for funding.
Recent KU Graduate Student Funding Success
- Department of Physics & Astronomy receives U.S. Department of Energy EPSCoR grant that will support graduate students.
- Six graduate students received Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships from the Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies.
- Patrick McCormick (Ph.D. Electrical Engineering) won the Robert T. Hill Best Dissertation Award from the Aerospace & Electronic Systems Society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Kathryn Vaggalis (Ph.D. American studies) won the 2018 Gene Wise-Warren Susman Prize from the American Studies Association.
- Taylor Tappan (Ph.D. Geography) received a Fulbright-Hays Dissertation Research Award to conduct fieldwork in Costa Rica.
- Kate Ingenloff (Ph.D. Ecology and Evolutionary Biology) received the GBIF Young Researchers Award.
- Diana Acevedo (Ph.D. Pathology and Laboratory Medicine) honored with a Rising Trendsetter STEMMY award by Central Exchange.
- Angela Park (Ph.D. Public Administration) honored with the Staats Emerging Scholar Award by NASPAA.
- Angelo Andres (Ph.D. Medicinal Chemistry) received a Gilliam Fellowship from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- Sierra Watt (Ph.D. Political Science) received a Ford Foundation Dissertation Fellowship.
- Camille Delavaux (Ph.D. Ecology & Evolutionary Biology), Alana Holland (Ph.D. History), Annette Jardon (M.A. Curriculum & Instruction), and Ruth Remmers (M.A. Geography) received Fulbright Awards.
- Kansas Geological Survey presented research awards to graduate students in Accounting, Geology, and Civil Engineering.
- KU Department of Sociology presented awards to Sociology graduate students for their research.
- Six graduate students in Geography & Atmospheric Science and Ecology & Evolutionary Biology received KU Field Station Research Awards.
- Information and Telecommunication Technology Center received a grant from the National Security Agency to fund graduate research assistants.
- Twelve doctoral students selected to be 2018-2022 Self Graduate Fellows.
- Steven Prohira (Ph.D. Physics) was selected to participate in the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science Graduate Student Research Program.
- Luke Olsen, Michael Trevino, and Justin Nicoll (Health, Sport, & Exercise Sciences) received graduate student NSCA awards.
- Timothy Hornik (Ph.D. Therapeutic Science) and Jimmy Gentile (M.A. Information Technology) receive KU Wounded Warrior Scholarships for military veterans.
- Eleven doctoral students selected to be 2017-2021 Self Graduate Fellows.
- National Science Foundation provided $700,000 to support graduate students' entomology field research in Suriname.
- Alyse Bensel (Ph.D. English) and Rachel Schwaller (Ph.D. American Studies) received the Richard and Jeannette Sias Graduate Fellowships in the Humanities.
- American Association of University Women supported KU graduate students and postdoctoral students who develop leadership workshops for women in STEM disciplines.
- Lindsay Huffhines (Ph.D. Clinical Child Psychology) received a research grant from the Society of Pediatric Psychology.
- Mabel Alvarado Gutiérrez (Ph.D. Ecology & Evolutionary Biology), Katelynn Giraldo (M.A. Latin American & Caribbean studies), George Klaeren (Ph.D. History), and Silvia Sanchez Díaz (Ph.D. anthropology) received Tinker Field Research Grants.
- U.S. Department of Energy grant will support graduate students in Atmospheric Science.
- David B. Jones Foundation grant will support graduate students in Ecology & Evolutionary Biology conducting paleontological research.
- Twelve doctoral students selected to be 2016-2020 Chancellor's Doctoral Fellows.
- Sabrina Shafique (Ph.D. Architecture) received an International Fellowship from the American Association of University Women (AAUW).
- Corinne Schwarz (Ph.D. Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies) awarded $30,000 research grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Kathy Denning (Ph.D. Ecology & Evolutionary Biology) received a Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Sarah Morton, Sarah Child, and Joey Fontana won research awards from the Kansas Geological Survey.
- Krista Irick (M.A. East Asian Languages & Literature) studied in Azerbaijan on a Department of State Critical Language Scholarship.
- Sammy Badran (Ph.D. Political Science) and Brian Turnbull (Ph.D. Political Science) conducted research in Morocco and India thanks to Fulbright awards.