Graduate Scholarly Presentation Travel Fund
The Graduate Scholarly Presentation Travel Fund is for Lawrence or Edwards Campus graduate students presenting their research or the disciplinary equivalent at a meeting of a learned or professional society being held outside of the state of Kansas. This fund provides reimbursements of $500 for domestic or international travel expenses. The total budget for this award is divided evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Once a semester's allocation has been depleated no new applications for that semester will be funded. Students must submit receipts to their department or program's shared service center or accounting representative to claim the reimbursement funds.
Guidelines for Award
- Applications will be processed on a routine basis, first-come/first-served until funds are exhausted.
- Individuals must be certifiable as at least half-time students at the time of travel. (See chart and exception guidelines below; enrollment is required during time of travel.)
- There is a limit of up to $500 for a one-time award per applicant.
- The notification e-mail will include detailed regulations on how to use the award.
- Emergency medical insurance is covered by KU through Worldwide Assistance.
- Complete the application and upload proof of acceptance, and one-page abstract.
- Award funds must be either used or encumbered before the end of the fiscal year.
- Upload proof of acceptance, and one-page abstract in either PDF, DOC, or DOCX formats
- Applications can only be accepted for travel that will happen in the future, no retroactive travel applications will be accepted.
- Funding is only available for students at the Lawrence or Edwards campus. University of Kansas Medical Center students seeking funding should contact the KUMC Office of Graduate Studies.
Exceptions may be granted to individuals who are not considered to be half-time students, using the following guidelines:
- Doctoral students who have already completed the required hours of post-comprehensive enrollment and are enrolled in at least one credit hour
- Graduate students attending a summer conference not enrolled in summer but will be enrolled in fall
See the chart below for half-time status and equivalent half-time status:
Fall/Spring Half-Time Status
Enrolled in 6 credit hours
Summer Half-Time Status
Enrolled in 1 credit hour
This award is joint funded by the Kansas University Student Senate and The Office of Graduate Studies. Any questions or concerns please contact the Office of Graduate Studies using the information below:
Office of Graduate Studies
213 Strong Hall
1450 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS 66045