Doctoral Completion Survey

The Doctoral Completion Survey (DCS) allows KU to gather specific data pertaining to the graduate students who complete a doctoral degree at KU.The DCS contains questions tailored to several data collection organizations of which KU is a part. These include the Survey of Earned Doctorates (see below) and the American Association of Universities Data Exchange (AAUDE).

Survey of Earned Doctorates

The Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED) is a federal agency survey conducted by NORC for the National Science Foundation and five other federal agencies (National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Education, National Endowment for the Humanities, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration). To learn more about the SED, click here.

Upon completion of the DCS (see above), you will be taken to an external site to complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED). Please complete both surveys, print the certificate of completion after completing the SED, and present that certificate to the graduate affairs office of your school/college to be eligible for graduation.

If you have already completed the DCS, you may begin the SED by clicking here.

Start the Doctoral Completion Survey ┬╗