Mental Health & Wellness
It's easy for your health and wellness to take a backseat to the pressures of graduate school.
Finding time to workout and eat healthy are often difficult to balance with your course load, teaching, research, and family responsibilities.
There are a number of resources to help you adjust to life in graduate school, manage stress, and find a support network on campus that works for you.
Watkins Memorial Health Center, located on campus, provides comprehensive medical care, outreach programs, and pharmacy services
If You Are Having a Mental Health Emergency Please Access the Following Resources:
- Suicide Hotlines: Headquarters Crisis Center (785) 841-2345, National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1 (800) 273-8255 or by dialing 988
- Counseling And Psychological Services (CAPS): (785) 864-CAPS (2277) available during weekday hours
- Student Support Program CAPS partners with the Student Support Program/TELUS Health to connect students to in the moment support from Masters-level counselors. Students receive the help they need in their own native language (150+ languages supported), whether they are at home, on campus, or abroad. 24/7 & 365 and 100% free! Access the SSP>>
- KU Psychological Clinic (785) 864-4121
- Grad Crisis Care 1.877.GRAD.HLP (877) 472-3457 available by phone and Skype
- Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center (785) 843-9192
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital emergency room (785) 505-5000
- Watkins Health Center (785) 864-9500
- Please see additional crisis support resources at the CAPS Crisis Support webpage>>