Submitting Your Thesis or Dissertation Electronically
The University of Kansas requires that all students whose degree programs require the defense of a thesis or dissertation must publish their research in order to fulfill degree requirements. The publication requirement is satisfied by submitting the Electronic Thesis or Dissertation (ETD) to UMI/ProQuest. You may review the policies governing master's theses and doctoral dissertations for more information.
Your thesis or dissertation should meet all of the formatting requirements laid out in KU's ETD Formatting Guidelines.
Please note: The final document you submit electronically must contain only your thesis or dissertation and the scholarly apparatus as described in these formatting guidelines. It must not include any prior publications or other scholarly or creative works.
Before you submit your thesis or dissertation, make sure you have gathered the following:
- The Subject Category or Categories under which your research falls—Click to view ProQuest's list of Subject Categories
- Between 6 and 8 keywords to be used as search terms within ProQuest
- Your abstract
- Any documentation of copyright permissions you have been granted, if necessary
- Your credit card, if you would like ProQuest to file your copyright on your behalf (optional)
- Your signed ETD Release Form, to ensure your embargoes match
The following materials may also be helpful as you prepare your final submission: