Curating your Online Professional Presence
When you are building your online presence to support building your professional network and in preparation for applying for internships or jobs it's important that you curate your online presence so that it supports your efforts. As your curate your online presence, consider the following:
- Do an audit of your online presence. When you google your name - what are the results of that search? Are there photos, posts, or other things that come up in that search that you wouldn't be comfortable having a potential employer see?
- Consider locking down the privacy settings on your more personal online accounts - Facebook, Tiktok, Instagram, Twitter etc. when you are networking and applying for jobs.
- Build a consistent brand across all of the platforms you are using professionally including a personal website housing your work, LinkedIn, Twitter (if using professionally)
Learn more about developing your online presence at the resources below:
- Having a Strong Online Presence Can Help Your Land a Dream Job
- How Your Online Presence Can Influence Your Job Search
- What Job Seekers Need To Know About Their Online Presence
Building an Effective LinkedIn Profile
An effective LinkedIn profile can help recruiters find and contact you, help you connect with other professionals in your field, and showcase all of your professional skills, experiences, projects, and more. The resources below can help you begin building an effective profile to get you noticed and help you land that job or internship!
How to Create a Killer LinkedIn Profile That Will Get You Noticed
20 Steps to a Better LinkedIn Profile - Make sure to pay attention to the section on your Headline and Summary
LinkedIn 101: How to Craft a Stellar Profile (Forbes)
The Undercover Recruiters Guide to a Good LinkedIn Profile
How to Make a Better LinkedIn Profile - From The Balance Careers, summaries on LinkedIn are important for getting your noticed in searches and this great post includes examples.